Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract Review
Garcinia Cambogia is a natural extract found in the fruits produced by tropical trees such as Malabar Tamarind, brindle berry as well as kudam puli trees. They are common in Indonesia, southeast Asia, and Central Africa.
These fruits also contain calcium phosphorus, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. The fruits have been used as a flavour in these regions. Its main ingredient was Garcinia cambogia which contained a high concentration of hydroxycitric acid (HCA). It is currently being used as a weight loss supplement. However, this new function has not been with its fair share of controversy.
The truth: Scientific Research
Several researches were undertaken to confirm the scientific potency of this fruit in weight loss:
A study conducted and published in 1998 concluded that there was no significant weight loss for the target people issued with a variant containing hydroxy citric acid supplement from womens who took the placebo.
A different study was conducted in mice in Japan. The study indicated that the mice fed on HCA had a lower serum insulin level as well as lower leptin. It concluded that the HCA was effective in improving metabolism.
The most significant studies done after this were conducted in 2004, nd 2005. The sample people – generally obese – were issued with a daily meal of 200 calories and instructed to take daily half a mile walk. The results showed an average 6 kg weight reduction for the group that was issued with HCA against a 1.5 kg for people with the placebo.
It further noted a reduction in BMI of 6.3% for those who used HCA against 1.7% for who did not. Further, serotonin levels doubled for the group who took HCA against those who did not. The meal servings took the dose of HCA reduced by 16% against their counterparts.
Two different studies took place after this with different peer reviews and a large sample population. The results for all three concluded that HCA increased the levels of serotonin, reduced appetite, lowered body weight, burnt body fat, improved energy level as well as metabolism.
Taking this supplements has been associated with digestive tract disorder, mild headache, dizziness, dry mouth and diarrhea. However, it was established that these effects are more as a result of taking inferior supplements that do not meet the HCA concentration as well as caffeine adulterated variants. This is more so since it is unregulated.
How Garcinia Cambogia works
- The extract contains hydroxycitric acid which increases the secretion of serotonin. Serotonin is responsible for inducing sleep, calming brain and hence cell rejuvenation effects.
- It help is the secretion of cortezole – responsible for inhibiting stress. It also has antioxidants which help in the proper digestion. This improved vitality and vigor.
- It lowers the production of triglycerides. This enzyme is responsible for causing inflammation of the stomach and hence craving for food. As such, it reduced the reduces appetite.
- It also blocks the secretion of citratelyase enzymes. This enzyme is known to accelerate the conversion of fine glucose to fat. Being HCA limiting its production, its ability to make fat is compromised, leading to lean body.
- The above works well with triglyceride. They combat the excess fat in the stomach leading to lean and slim bodies.
- For work out, the HCA is known to enhance the workout results building mass and muscles while burning fat through increased metabolism.
It is recommended to be taken 30 minutes to 1 hour before meals. The dosage should be capsules of 50 to 60% concentration of HCA. The dosage of 500mg taken thrice daily for 8 weeks is recommended.
When taken to complement healthy diets and exercise regimes, the wonders of Garcinia cambogia in weight loss, fat mass loss and improved metabolism are there for all to witness.